A Brief History of Time….How FEDMINE got here, and become the most respected business intelligence provider in the federal sector today!
How FEDMINE got here? To understand that you need to know what is our MISSION:
To provide sustainable flows of real-time information that potentially guide industry and government to the shortest path for conducting mutually beneficial business interactions
- 1990 – Ashok Mehan founded and operated a federal contracting firm for 13 years.
- 2002 – He became impatient with the numerous impediments that were inherent in federal contracting
- 2004 – Founded FEDMINE, and focused on identifying each individual piece of data created within the value chain that leads up to federal spending, and the original sources responsible for making them public
- 2006 – Became GSA’s first FPDS-NG industry partner certified to obtain FPDS-NG data via fully automated XML Web Services. Federal competitive intelligence was born
- 2007 – Rolled out FEDMINE as an online subscription application offering Federal Business Intelligence services with the core FPDS-NG data integrated with other pertinent federal data sets
- 2008 – Aggregation of key federal data sets achieves complete back-end data aggregation, also a first in the federal sector
- 2009 – Became a trusted familiar source to federally focused organizations desirous of eliminating manually intensive (oft error prone) efforts associated with accumulating and processing data internally for conducting market research
- 2012 – FEDMINE became the first complete comprehensive federal one-stop database in the federal sector adding sub contracting data to its aggregation mix
- 2013 – FEDMINE became the first to track all non-classified spending on contracts from the time budgets are created, to when a solicitation is released, awarded, protested, culminating in FPDS-NG with a funding obligation with a contract number, with each data point automatically connected to the next for pervasive transparency of the path taken in the value chain
- Today, FEDMINE has a stellar reputation with a proven track record in aggregating and maintaining multiple data sets with consistently high levels of data fidelity. A unique combination of federal domain specific knowledge coupled with experiential knowledge from lessons learnt makes us the vendor of choice for industry and government alike.